Aslamazyan Sister’s Gallery

Aslamazyan Sisters Gallery

Walking down Abovyan Street will see one of the most interesting galleries of Gyumri city, on your right. This is Mariam and Yeranuhi Aslamazyan Sisters’ Gallery. This is a black tuff building with a door opening into a flower-laden garden with porches on two sides featuring lovely wooden lattice work built during 1880-1900. It was used to be a residential house, then in 1987 it was renovated and was turned into the Mariam and Yeranuhi Aslamazyan Sisters’ Gallery was opened. The building suffered a lot during the 1988th earthquake, but in 2003 it was rebuilt with the support of “Lincy” foundation.  On the 70th anniversary of Mariam Salamazyan, Mariam and Yeranuhi Aslamazyans presented about 620 of their original works to the Gyumri community. The painter sisters have graduated from Leningrad Institute of Arts and had strong artistic backgrounds. The first floor of the gallery presents Yeranuhi’s works, whereas the second is dedicated to Mariam’s works. Besides the paintings the ceramic plates by Mariam Aslamazyan, and the pottery works by Yeranuhi are presented in the gallery. Some works of Mariam Arshakovna are also stored in the State Tretyakov Gallery, including “Armenian Still Life” (1955) and “Red Cactus Flower” (1957).

IconAddressAbovyan Str., 232

IconPhone (+374-312) 4 82 05

IconHours Tue – Sat 10:00–17:00

           Sun 11:00–16:00

IconWebsiteVisit Website

Other Museums